Pages

Thursday, October 26, 2017

poem and photos



the frost from this morning












wow.. its been a whirlwind since i last wrote...life has been so crazy! but i am holding on with God's grace and never ending strength :) and i am so grateful for that.

funny thing..i prayed that God would give me a hard time this upcoming school year. i asked him to challenge me...i don't really know why but one day i was just praying while i was doing "life" and all of a sudden i just prayed for that...it kinda came out before i could stop it.
.
.
.
i wanted to grow and to be stretched in Him. i didn't want it to be easy for me. and boy...i don't think i have been this stretched in a very long time. but i know i will grow from this time in life and learn so many important lessons.
.

.
for a while i was feeling very spiritually dry. tired. distant from God. and then school came in august.
.
 school has been one of the hardest things for me right now. it has been personally very frustrating. and the people i dare rub shoulders with are so vile in their language and so worldly. i know they are hurting and i am trying to be the light but it is hard.
.
.
i know i will look back on this time and see how much i have grown but right now all i can focus on is trying to keep my head above the water and to keep my focus on my Savior.
.
so here is a poem i wrote a few days ago. i hope it helps any of you reading :)
.
the times when i'm weak
and don't want to breath
i feel You with me...

those moments where 
i'm crying inside
and in my head 
there is strife
i feel You by my side 

when my life falls apart
Lord, i know you hold 
my heart

when i push you away 
and wander and stray 
You love me anyway

in these moments 
i realize that without 
you with me 
i couldn't even be  



6 comments:

  1. I Love the name of your blog! And I love your poem! :)

    Kiley- kileyb240.wixsite.com/kileyava

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos! There's something beautiful about frosty mornings, even if they are freezing cold. You are brave for praying that prayer. It sounds like things are pretty challenging for you right now, but your faith is an inspiration to me. Stay strong! He doesn't allow anything He knows we can't face. xx

    ReplyDelete

pictures galore

hi all. here are some photos of my spring vacation (i promise i didn't just stay in a car..by the rear view mirrors it would look like ...