Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Matthew 6:6 ↠ When Devotions Speak




I've decided to start waking up early...*blech* but trust me, I'm not waking up to see the sunrise. Haha no. I'm trying to get a regular pattern for devotions. Interesting how one of the most important things in life we tend to forget. *sigh* or purposely choose to ignore. 

So anyways, I opened up my devotions book (Streams In the Desert) yesterday at 7 in THE MORNING!  I am a night owl. Sorry, I get sidetracked very easily. The first sentence was "Christ Jesus, in His humanity, felt the need of complete solitude -- to be entirely by Himself, alone with Himself." yeah okay...hmmm this seems to be what I was going for by waking up earlier... *keeps reading* 

"As a child of God, how much more do we need times of complete solitude -- times to deal with the spiritual realities of life and to be alone with God the Father." God....how did you?? like what?...

Then it gives me the reference Matthew 6:6 *grabs bible* 
"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." OK God. I see..you want me..this is what I am doing right now! And now my devotions are about what I was already thinking. Wow! *blinks*  Slightly overwhelming 

So I am going to end with a part of a Meditation by George Matheson.
"O my soul, practice that solitude! Practice dismissing the crowd! Practice the stillness of your heart! Practice the majestic song "God and I! God and I!" Let no one come between you and your wrestling angel. You will recieve conviction yet pardon, when you meet Jesus alone!" 

So all of my friends, I encourage you to take some time and just be alone...with God and with His Holy Bible. 

2 comments:

  1. *blinks* *blinks again* okay. okay....yeah...

    but WAHT my twin is up at 7 am?!!? uh. haha yeah imma still sleeping O.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. i knowwww... it is a struggle but a good one. sleep well twin *needs peace emoji*

    ReplyDelete

pictures galore

hi all. here are some photos of my spring vacation (i promise i didn't just stay in a car..by the rear view mirrors it would look like ...