Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

WHY ↠ didn't i say something





i walked into the pizza place. gently greeted by the scent of dough and hard stares of the cashier. quickly i ordered. not my kind of people. flashes of color in hair, black ink in unforgiving blazes across skin. metal dripping off ears. painfully i saw a nose ring being tugged. but what saddened me most were the raised flesh marks on her arm. elbow down to wrist. ragged. desperate. hopeless. i grimaced at the thought of the pain. why? i silently wondered. all sorts of questions popped into my head. eager to leave i bolted with food in tow. it wasn't till later when i regretted my decision. who was to say she wasn't my kind of person? aren't we all the same inside? looks don't make the celestial books. i should've said something. given hope. kind words. joy. she is beautiful in God's eyes. with Him in me i should see the way He does. everyone is special. and we all have the same struggles. so next time, look past the hard eyes and see the person inside. they want to be known and to have answers for the question, 
 WHY?

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I really appreciated this post. Too often I do the same thing - ignore people who need hope and joy just as much as anyone else. This line especially struck me: looks don't make the celestial books. Thanks for sharing; I needed the reminder. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You know, writing at midnight. :) It is amazing how far a person can go before they realize they are prejudging someone.

      Delete

pictures galore

hi all. here are some photos of my spring vacation (i promise i didn't just stay in a car..by the rear view mirrors it would look like ...