Pages

Friday, March 10, 2017

The one who waits ↠ Daniel 12:12





       I am at a season of my life where I am waiting. and waiting. Sometimes it bothers me. Most of the time it doesn't. I am just working and helping and teaching while waiting to see where God points me in my short life on this eath. And I don't mind. Here is a devotional that I read over and over that speaks to me in this time of my life. 

↠ Waiting may seem like an easy thing to do, but it is a discipline that a Christian soldier does not learn without years of training. Marching and drills are much easier for God's warriors than standing still. 

There are times of indecision and confusion, when even the most willing person, who eagerly desires to serve the Lord, does not know what direction to take. So what should you do when you find yourself in this situation? Should you allow yourself to be overcome with despair? Should you turn back in cowardice or in fear or rush ahead in ignorance?

No, you should simply wait--but wait in prayer. Call upon God and plead your case before Him, telling Him of your difficulty and reminding Him of His promise to help.

Wait in faith. Express your unwavering confidence in Him. And believe that even if He keeps you waiting until midnight, He will come at the right time to fulfill His vision for you.

Wait in quiet patience. Never complain about what you believe to be the cause of your problems, as the children of Israel did against Moses. Accept your situation exactly as it is and then simply place it with your whole heart into the hand of your covenant God ↞

Wait, patiently wait, 
God is never late;
Your budding plans are in Your Father's holding,
And only wait His grand divine unfolding.
Then wait, wait, 
Patiently wait. 

Trust, hopefully trust, 
That God will adjust
Your tangled life; and from its dark concealings,
Will bring His will, in all its bright revealings.
Then trust, trust,
Hopefully trust.

Rest, peacefully rest, 
On your Savior's breast;
Breathe in His ear your sacred high ambition,
 And He will bring it forth in blest fruition.
Then rest, rest,
Peacefully rest.

Mercy A. Gladwin







2 comments:

  1. There is so much meaning in this post. Waiting in prayer is super important and I'm glad that you wrote about it I needed to read this. The poem is amazing as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! waiting is one of the hardest things to do but it brings great rewards!

      Delete

pictures galore

hi all. here are some photos of my spring vacation (i promise i didn't just stay in a car..by the rear view mirrors it would look like ...