Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Happy New Year ↠ 13 Days Late



↠Happy New Year Everybody↞

Yes, it is waaayyyy past January 1st *screams because almost half of the first month is gone*...but the strange thing about this year is that I have made resolutions(and for the most part kept them)! Yes, y'all should be very shocked. Anybody who knows me understands what I mean.

Here they are!! *drumrolllllllll*

I Will 

not complain

 I would like to think that I don't complain...but so many times I catch myself through out the day like *but whyyyyyy???* or *fiiiinnnnneee...sigh i'll do it* Granted, I may not say them out loud but I do have them rolling around in my head sometimes. Whether I am pulling huge globs of hair out of the shower, digging out chunks of toothpaste from the sink, or even making my bed *like why?? i am just going to get in it 12 hours* 

 

spend time in the Word and prayer everyday 
   
 A recent LifeWay Research study found only 45 percent of those who regularly attend church read the Bible more than once a week. Over 40 percent of the people attending read their Bible occasionally, maybe once or twice a month. Almost 1 in 5 churchgoers say they never read the Bible—essentially the same number who read it every day. 

yeah....a friend wants to come over, you want to watch the latest Netflix series, or I don't even know what. But DON'T YOU DARE! Your Heavenly Father, the one who knit you together before you were even thought of, wants to talk to you. He deeply loves you. My mind can barely fathom the extent of His amazing grace and astounding love. Nothing is more important than spending time with the one who never leaves you. Never. He is always there. If you are feeling sad, don't go to your friends first but turn to God.

actively give out compliments

People love to be told how nice they look or how pretty their hair is or something. For me I honestly don't care if people don't give me compliments. It's just not my thing. So for me it is not something I do regularly. Plus, in a world where the physical appearance is soooo overrated and mentioned people need to know that they are perfect the way God created them.

drink 8 cups of water a day minimum
  
confession time: I never drink water...EVER!! I can go about 2 and a half days without drinking a single cup of water....*yells at myself*  I might wake up and drink coffee (rarely) and then I resort to fruits when I am thirsty. I know it is very unhealthy and I am honestly trying!! 

attempt to blog regularly 

I don't want it to become a distraction but I have enjoyed blogging and just being able to put my thoughts out where other people can see them. I could totally post more often *looks through my 8 rough drafts* but time is a fleeting thing. And family is important and there are many precious moments. 


did you have any resolutions??
what is your fav. Bible verse? 





 

5 comments:

  1. Hey!

    I chuckled when I read your post because you wrote: *screams because almost half of the first month is gone*. Congrats! Now it's February... *queue the earth shuddering scream*

    I have NO IDEA where the last month went- it wizzed by and yet somehow I feel that I'm not yet over 2016!
    My resolution for 2017 is to be kind (towards myself and others).

    Also, blogging and drinking water regularly are really good resolutions! How is the 8 glasses a day going for you?

    All the best,
    Steph

    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Now February is almost halfway gone...*sigh* That is a good resolution. *steals it*
      And the water is going fine....not up to 8 cups a day. I'm trying tho.

      Delete
  2. What awesome resolutions!! I really hope you manage to achieve them :)

    New follower :)
    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete

pictures galore

hi all. here are some photos of my spring vacation (i promise i didn't just stay in a car..by the rear view mirrors it would look like ...